The motif in Kedawung textile takes inspiration from the flat and oval shapes of kedawung seeds, a type of legume tree widely grown in Indonesian forests. The floating weft technique is used to create a small pattern where some of the warp is left unwoven.
Darker bark-coloured threads are woven as the warp that sets behind a contrasting small white pattern similar to cecekan. A flowing rhythm of cecekan embodies the falling of kedawung seeds from its trees, waiting to be gathered in time by farmers in the villages.
Coarse and heavyweight in texture, the Kedawung lumbar pillow is fit to pair with more subtle, lightweight-textured upholstery to accentuate its presence. The base fabric is handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Pak Kadir’s house, Pekalongan.
• 30x50cm / 12”x20”, 40x60cm / 16"x24", or 30x100cm / 12”x40”
• Fabric: 65% polyester, 35% synthetic-dyed cotton
• Insert is optional
• Metal Zipper
• Custom sizes are available, please contact us.
• Due to the nature of handcrafted goods, slight variations in colour and texture are embraced
• Ethically made in Pekalongan, Central Java
• Hand-wash with lerek (soapnut) or other natural detergent
• Dry clean is recommended
• Colour transfer to be expected in washing
• Do not bleach
• Line dry in shade
• Do not tumble dry
• Iron medium to high temperature between 148˚C/300˚F to 204˚C/400˚F
• Always store the fabric in a dry condition (not humid)
All domestic Indonesian shipping is by JNE. Instant or same-day courier service can be requested before or after the order process, available only for in-stock items.
All orders are shipped from Jakarta within 3-5 working days unless it is pre-ordered or custom-made.
We take design and craftsmanship earnestly and we want you to receive these pieces with much care. Our items are carefully inspected before shipment, but if a mistake happens, please notify us within 48 hours; our team will promptly work on a replacement.
Exchange can be made within 3 days of receipt. Custom orders, fabric swatches, artwork, and gifts cannot be exchanged. All items must be in new, unused condition with any tags still attached.
Please review our Shipping & Exchange page for more information. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Collect every story, every speciality of the hands, and every thread of wonder found in our textiles.