Dayang Sumbi textile coined its name from the Sundanese folklore about a beautiful yet humble woman of the same name. It was told that her remarkable beauty was echoed even to the farthest of lands. The undying charms and modesty of Dayang Sumbi resonate with the careful intricacy poured into weaving the texture of this fabric.
The subtle three-dimensional structure recalls the regal fashion and beauty similar to her illustrious depiction in many writings. Without being too much, the unmissable Dayang Sumbi textile adds a luxurious touch to your space with its majestic golden-coloured threads woven in simple yet expounded geometric patterns. The base fabric is handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Pak Kadir’s house, Pekalongan.
• 12x12cm / 5”x5”
• Fabric: 35% cotton, 35% synthetic-dyed cotton, 30% polyester
• Width: 120cm
• Weight: heavy-weight
• Inquiry for fabric per metre, please contact us.
• Due to the nature of handcrafted goods, slight variations in colour and texture are embraced
• Ethically made in Pekalongan, Central Java
• Hand-wash with lerek (soapnut) or other natural detergent
• Dry clean is recommended
• Colour transfer to be expected in washing
• Do not bleach
• Line dry in shade
• Do not tumble dry
• Iron medium to high temperature between 148˚C/300˚F to 204˚C/400˚F
• Always store the fabric in a dry condition (not humid)
All domestic Indonesian shipping is by JNE. Instant or same-day courier service can be requested before or after the order process, available only for in-stock items.
All orders are shipped from Jakarta within 3-5 working days unless it is pre-ordered or custom-made.
We take design and craftsmanship earnestly and we want you to receive these pieces with much care. Our items are carefully inspected before shipment, but if a mistake happens, please notify us within 48 hours; our team will promptly work on a replacement.
Exchange can be made within 3 days of receipt. Custom orders, fabric swatches, artwork, and gifts cannot be exchanged. All items must be in new, unused condition with any tags still attached.
Please review our Shipping & Exchange page for more information. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Collect every story, every speciality of the hands, and every thread of wonder found in our textiles.