Pagar Ayu’s gracious simplicity resides in its all-white facet. The checkerboard motifs are incorporated by hand to highlight the weaver’s subtle artistry. Its lined textures emerge illusively, adding a layer of tactile quality.
Inspired by the Indonesian version of bridesmaids, pagar ayu takes the sublime symbolic colour of a wedding ceremony. Its subdued presence and delicate textures offer a graceful touch to a space full of feminine air. The base fabric is handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Pak Kadir’s house, Pekalongan.
• 12x12cm / 5”x5”
• Fabric: 49% polyester, 33% cotton, 18% rayon
• Width: 120cm
• Weight: medium-weight
• Inquiry for fabric per metre, please contact us.
• Due to the nature of handcrafted goods, slight variations in colour and texture are embraced
• Ethically made in Pekalongan, Central Java
• Hand-wash with lerek (soapnut) or other natural detergent
• Dry clean is recommended
• Do not bleach
• Line dry in shade
• Do not tumble dry
• Iron medium to high temperature between 148˚C/300˚F to 204˚C/400˚F
• Always store the fabric in a dry condition (not humid)
All local UK delivery is by Royal Mail and other International shipping is by APX. Other courier services can be requested beforehand through a manual order process via email.
All orders are shipped from Nottingham or Indonesia within 5-7 working days based on the stock location. Unless it is pre-ordered or custom-made, it will be shipped from Indonesia.
We take design and craftsmanship earnestly and we want you to receive these pieces with much care. Our items are carefully inspected before shipment, but if a mistake happens, please notify us within 48 hours; our team will promptly work on a replacement.
Exchange is not available for international orders. Please review our Shipping & Exchange page for more information. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Collect every story, every speciality of the hands, and every thread of wonder found in our textiles.