Upon eating kue rangi, a traditional cake or so-called jajanan pasar related to Betawinese culture, its richness in texture inspired us to create this textile piece. Sewn with a cording technique, one by one the slub yarn is hand-stitched on top of a silk fabric. It is specially made out of sutera Eri, a type of rare silk fibre originating in Indonesia.
The soft quality of the slub yarn intertwined with the rigidness of silk makes a wonderful contrast of textures within the fabric. Its irregular thickness fashions tactility that is somehow similar to taking the cake’s first bite. The Kue Rangi is a beautiful companion to those who long for that touching, handmade quality, offering an artisanal statement to your pillow vignettes. The base fabric is handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Ibu Lusi’s house, Sleman.
• 50x50cm / 20”x20” or 60x60cm / 23”x23”
• Fabric: 70% cotton, 30% silk
• Yarn: 80% cotton, 20% nylon
• Insert is not included
• Metal Zipper
• Custom sizes are available, please contact us.
• Due to the nature of handcrafted goods, slight variations in colour and texture are embraced
• Ethically made in Sleman, Special Region of Yogyakarta
• Hand-wash with lerek (soapnut) or other natural detergent
• Dry clean is recommended
• Do not bleach
• Line dry in shade
• Do not tumble dry
• Iron medium to high temperature between 148˚C/300˚F to 204˚C/400˚F
• Always store the fabric in a dry condition (not humid)
All local UK delivery is by Royal Mail and other International shipping is by APX. Other courier services can be requested beforehand through a manual order process via email.
All orders are shipped from Nottingham or Indonesia within 5-7 working days based on the stock location. Unless it is pre-ordered or custom-made, it will be shipped from Indonesia.
We take design and craftsmanship earnestly and we want you to receive these pieces with much care. Our items are carefully inspected before shipment, but if a mistake happens, please notify us within 48 hours; our team will promptly work on a replacement.
Exchange is not available for international orders. Please review our Shipping & Exchange page for more information. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Collect every story, every speciality of the hands, and every thread of wonder found in our textiles.