As it is easily found across the tropical region, goni fibre is widely utilised in the daily lives of Indonesians, yet it is rare to find this fibre placed in a graceful setting. Made by the hands of our weavers and spinsters, some yarns in the Goni lumbar pillow may appear uneven in textures, indicating its handmade quality.
The sides of the lumbar pillow are adorned with parsed handspun yarns to add a touch of playful fringes, creating an elegant spin to the modest fibre that fits suitably into both indoor and outdoor spaces. The base fabric is handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Pak Kadir’s house, Pekalongan.
• 40x60cm / 16"x24", or 30x100cm / 12”x40”
• Fabric: 60% jute, 40% cotton
• Insert is not included
• Metal Zipper
• Custom sizes are available, please contact us.
• Due to the nature of handcrafted goods, slight variations in colour and texture are embraced
• Ethically made in Pekalongan, Central Java
• Hand-wash with lerek (soapnut) or other natural detergent
• Dry clean is recommended
• Do not bleach
• Line dry in shade
• Do not tumble dry
• Iron high temperature between 204˚C/400˚F to 230˚C/445˚F
• Always store the fabric in a dry condition (not humid)
All local UK delivery is by Royal Mail and other International shipping is by APX. Other courier services can be requested beforehand through a manual order process via email.
All orders are shipped from Nottingham or Indonesia within 5-7 working days based on the stock location. Unless it is pre-ordered or custom-made, it will be shipped from Indonesia.
We take design and craftsmanship earnestly and we want you to receive these pieces with much care. Our items are carefully inspected before shipment, but if a mistake happens, please notify us within 48 hours; our team will promptly work on a replacement.
Exchange is not available for international orders. Please review our Shipping & Exchange page for more information. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Collect every story, every speciality of the hands, and every thread of wonder found in our textiles.